Saturday 2 February 2013

20 Years Old Nigerian Girl Attacked with Acid In London



A Nigerian girl, Naomi Oni was scarred for life when a mysterious figure wearing a Muslim niqab threw acid in her face as she walked home from work. She has no idea who did this to her and has spent the past month having skin grafts and almost went blind, although she has now recovered her vision in her left eye and has partial sight in her right.



    'I’d been working a late shift and was talking to my boyfriend about what we were going to do for New Year when I saw this Muslim woman wearing a niqab covering her face, I thought it was a bit strange at that time of night, but she didn’t say anything and I kept on walking.

    'Then I felt a splash on my face. It burned and I screamed out. I started running and screaming, holding my face, all the way home. I didn’t look back.

    'I got home and I was screaming and banging on the door. I was hysterical. Luckily my godmother, who is a pharmacist, was at home with my mum and she helped me and kept dipping my face in water and trying to calm me down until the police and ambulance got there.

    'I was in shock. Saying: "Who would do that? Who would do that?" How could anyone do this?'.
    She has released the shocking images of her disfigured face in an appeal for help to catch the attacker whose identity was concealed behind the Muslim women’s dress which completely covers the face apart from the eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonders shall never end